Wonderful in soups and stews, yellow peas are dried field peas slightly more delicate in flavour than green peas. Like other legumes they have high nutrient value, are high in fiber and boast a low glycemic value making them exceptionally healthy.
• One quarter inch wide with a pale yellow color.
• Also know as: Arveja, Matar Dahl, or Gram Dahl.
• Peas have a very ancient history and were domesticated before 6000 B.C. in the ancient near east . Both Greek and Roman civilizations relied on dried peas as an important protein ingredient in their diets.
• Excellent source of molybdenum. High levels of calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron and potassium, B vitamins and folic acid. Low in fat.
• High in soluble fibre peas help balance blood sugar levels while providing steady, slow-burning energy.
• Feature isoflavones (notably daidzein) and phytochemicals both known to aide fighting disease and tissue repair.
Ingredients: Organic Peas
This product is also available in 10lbs, 25lbs or 50lbs bag. Please inquire for pricing details.
Bonjour Marketplace - Organic Peas - Yellow 750g
Product Code: 2419